Monday, April 13, 2009

Monday VO2 workout

After eating and drinking too much celebrating Easter yesterday, I decided that I would tough it out and do VO2 intervals this morning. I was about to go out on the roads for the workout, but chickened out when I saw a few rain drops. Not wanting to get rained on, I went down to the basement and suffered through 5 x 5 minutes on, 5 minutes off at about 110% of threshold power. My legs felt pretty good and I paced well. I don't think I could've squeezed out any higher numbers today. Still I am 8 watts lower than I was in two similar workouts one year ago in the same month. I see more VO2 work in my near future. Maybe I'll come around with a few weeks of this.

I'm racing at the crit tomorrow, but first I might do something on the trainer in the morning.

No comments: