Monday, February 16, 2009

Another Big Ride

I climbed back into the saddle and headed out early this afternoon to join LL and Ward for a ride out to Lake Wateree. I was thinking I would be out for about 3 hours, but due to some on the fly re-routing, we ended up adding about 15 miles to the regular lake loop. We found some great back roads with zero traffic, but my body struggled to handle the extra distance.

I've had some days lately where I expected to be tired but ended up having a great ride. Today was not one of those days. I was every bit as tired as you would expect to be after riding hard four of the last five days and having a TSB of -34.

For all of my suffering today, I did reach a pre-season goal by pushing my CTL to 90.2. ATL is 131 and TSB will be -41 tomorrow and I'm not riding at all.

No comments: