Saturday, October 4, 2008

Afternoon Crit

Race number 2 of the day went a little better than this morning. I finished 4th in the crit, after bridging across to a 7 man group that got away about 30 minutes into the race. One of the guys in the break managed to crash himself on a straightaway with 1.5 laps to go. Mark W won the field sprint for 8th. I'm 3rd in the omnium going into the road race tomorrow. I think LL is 7th.

The power file show that the race was not super hard. I made a few short hard efforts, including a nice 2 minute or so effort at 400 watts and 28.6 mph to bridge across to the break. I led out the sprint which was for 2nd after 1 rider escaped with 10 laps to go. I tried to get a gap before the last two turns, but couldn't. I managed to sprint to the line pretty well (10s @971w), but still got passed by 2 faster guys.

No comments: