Friday, January 23, 2009

Let the Long Rides Begin

The CTL building has begun. After spending the early part of winter just maintaining fitness and lifting weights, I'm ready to kick up the training now. I did back to back SST workouts on the trainer on Wed and Thurs worth about 82 TSS points apiece. I had planned to take Friday as recovery and ride distance on the weekend, but with rainy weather looming, LL and I decided to take advantage of the balmy 60 degree temps and ride on Friday afternoon.

I thought I'd be a little tired, but instead I felt great today. LL really wanted to punish himself. He did a 22 min threshhold effort before meeting me. Then he did a 21 min threshhold effort with me in tow at one point. Most of the ride I did long 5 min or so pulls at hard tempo. We did a couple of sprints and I had 5 sec at 1099w on the second one.

Tomorrow is going to be a short easy day. Then I'll do a two day training block. I've got more time on my hands lately than I should. I've got Mondays and Fridays off from work now. That's good for training, but not so good for the budget right now.

No comments: