Sunday, September 14, 2008

Solo SST ride

Went out this morning on the road bike planning to just get in a couple of hours at a moderate pace, not expecting to have much energy after a hard effort yesterday plus 1 1/2 hours of yard work in the heat of the day. After warming up for about 15 minutes I was feeling pretty good, so I picked up the pace and rode hard tempo for the rest of the way. The conditions were hot and somewhat windy on the second half of the ride, which held the speed down a bit.

This turned out to be a really efficient training week. I only rode 8hrs and 43min, but my average IF for the week was .826 or 260w NP. I did a VO2 max interval day, a threshold TT day, three SST days, plus two short easy days. I'm thinking the coming week will include more VO2 intervals, a ride on the tt bike, plus crit racing for the weekend. Next Sunday will be a rare occurance...a bike race right here in Columbia, SC vistagrandprix.com/.

2 comments:

Jay said...

The Vista Grand Prix is on. I was skeptical, so I emailed the promoter and he replied that the permit was approved and the race is on.

Unknown said...

OK Jay, LL. Strut your stuff!